I thought it would be cool to create a plugin just for the Isulong Seoph contest.
So I did. Look at the lower right side and you’ll see the fruits of my work or my Isulong Seoph entry for a more updated demo.
That list is pretty much in real time, which makes it a cool widget to add to your own Isulong blog that’s on WordPress.
Update: Plugin now works in WordPress 1.5 and 2.0.
Plugin Name: Isulong Seoph
Description: Displays top 10 Google results and site rank for the keywords ‘isulong seoph’ in connection to the first ever Philippine SEO contest. Configurable to display results for a different set of keywords for other SEO competitions.
Author: Andrew dela Serna
Click here to download the plugin.
1. Download the plugin from http://www.alleba.com/blog/wp-downloads/isulong-seoph.zip
2. Extract and upload the contents of the archive to ‘yourserver.com/wp-content/plugins/isulong-seoph/’
3. Login to your WordPress admin panel and browse to the Plugins section.
4. Activate the Isulong Seoph plugin.
5. Go to the Presentation section to edit your sidebar or footer template.
6. You may configure the plugin to display the top 10 list with or without your site’s ranking.
7. Add the line:
< ?php echo isulongseoph(1,1,'yoursite.com'); ?>
*The first number 1 displays the top 10 list, setting to 0 will not display it.
*The second number 1 displays your site’s current ranking, setting to 0 will not display it.
*You must provide your site’s URL (between the quotes, preferably without the ‘www’) for this plugin to work.
8. Alternatively, you may choose to display the top 10 list in one place and display the site rank somewhere else.
*To display ONLY the top 10, use the code:
< ?php echo isulongseoph(1,0,'yoursite.com'); ?>
*To display ONLY the site ranking, use the code:
< ?php echo isulongseoph(0,1,'yoursite.com'); ?>
9. You need to obtain a Google API license key before you can use this plugin. Go to http://www.google.com/apis/ to get one and enter it beside the $key variable found in isulong-seoph.php.
10. This plugin is made to display the site rank of only the top 30 sites. You may increase this limit but might significantly slow down your site.
11. Be aware that this plugin may conflict with other plugins that require the use of Nusoap.
12. For an updated demo of the script for WordPress 1.5, this blog uses the latest version. For WordPress 2.0, visit http://www.isulongseoph.ws/.
For bugs, comments, suggestions, please post them here! Thanks!
Nice alleba. What will the plugin do?
Hi Jozzua, it’ll display updated search results for ‘isulong seoph’. Check it out on the homepage of this blog.
Figured somebody would do that. I was already playing around with PHP to do something similar. You beat me to it. Dang..
wowowee… now everyone will not be off track with this plugin thingy. 🙂
it’s already in my blog! 🙂
parang meron pa atang problem with it….
Hi Major, I corrected the problem. If you have the time, please try the plugin again. 🙂
And since you have a plugin, might as well have a theme. 🙂
i tried it na.. sana may bagong features
Andrew, is it possible to show my site’s rank only?
hehehe, andito na pala