February 1st, 2011
Hey, how about a cool new plugin to kick off the month of February?
I’ve been working closely with the Piclyf team to come up with a fast and simple plugin that allows their users to display their picture streams on their WordPress-powered blogs. Many have been clamoring for it… so here it is! It’s so easy to use. All you need to do is enter your username, activate the widget and kaboom! Your sidebar had just become 10x more awesome.
Let’s get serious…
The Piclyf plugin allows you to display your picture stream from Piclyf.com via a sidebar or footer widget. Options for username and number of thumbnails are customizable in the admin panel.
1. Download the plugin from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/piclyf.zip
2. Unzip the archive ‘piclyf.zip’ to a local folder on your computer.
3. Upload the folder ‘piclyf’ and its contents to your blog’s plugin folder (root/wp-content/plugins) using FTP.
4. Login to your WordPress admin panel and browse to the Plugins section.
5. Activate the Piclyf plugin.
Click on Piclyf Widget in the admin panel to setup the plugin. Enter your Piclyf username and the number of thumbnails that you wish to display.
Activating the Plugin
If your theme supports widgets, click on Widgets under Appearance. Drag the Piclyf widget to your sidebar or preferred location in your blog. That’s it!
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation.
See my sidebar.
For comments, suggestions and well wishes, leave a comment below. 😛
Posted in Wordpress Plugins